When a trip into town for a taste of these biscuits was the highlight of my week, I just knew I had to get the recipe. It took some begging!
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 heaped tsp powdered ginger
- A little salt
- 125g butter or margarine
- 2 Tbs golden syrup
- Line 2 biscuit trays with baking paper. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Rub butter through dry ingredients until mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg and golden syrup. Tip eggs into flour mixture and combine using a cutting action rather than stirring.
- Once the mixture comes together, take a teaspoon a time and roll into a ball. Place on biscuit trays with enough room to allow for spreading, and use three fingers to depress the top and flatten the balls a little.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.